Friday, October 11, 2013

Wing Progress, Pt 5

Wings are now mostly painted. Drawback to mixing paint to get the shades of grey that I want; one wing looks lighter in color than the other, going to have to fix that. Aside from tweaks to the wings, they are mostly done. I also still need to fix the sockets and make them a tighter fit.

While waiting for the paint to dry, which is enthralling, I started on the dress. I had cut out fabric for the neck line a week or so ago, so I sewed that to make the base for the rest of the top. Then I started draping fabric and pinning it how I wanted.

I ended up pinning all the fabric for the back, and started pinning the front, although I'll probably fiddle with the front for awhile before I decide I'm happy with it. The waist band will be elastic to increase drapey-ness and comfort.

All in all, things are starting to come together. The dress is probably going to be way more complex than it needs to be, but that normally happens when I make things.

No comments:

Post a Comment