Thursday, September 19, 2013

Finishing the wig

Realized my last post was very stream of consciousness, I need to work on my punctuation and grammar. Oops. Anyways, I got another layer of paint onto the wig yesterday, and I think it's starting to look better. Perhaps even close to real stone. Maybe?

The color is much closer to that of the mask. The light color matches it very well, and I'm liking the shadow effect the darker color has.

To see how far the color has changed, I draped a strand of the yarn over the wig to show the original yarn color, which was a very dark grey. I originally decided to start with a darker color since it is easy to go lighter.

I started on the wing harness, but I'm a little hesitant to start cutting into my PVC pipe. Measure twice, cut once. I'm still trying to figure out how large I need the harness to be, and how much it will show under the dress.

I'm also still trying to figure out the best scheme for the straps and where the buckles should go; should I use buckles, should I use D rings, etc. I'll figure it out eventually, but I might start in on the arm covers first before I finish the wing harness to distract myself from the harder task of the harness.


No comments:

Post a Comment