Thursday, September 12, 2013

Commander Shepard

Hey, not much progress in the last few days, so pictures of the Shepard armor I made last year and wore to comic con this past weekend. First two were taken by a photographer from ABC, @NickDiMarcoABC2, so much better than the average camera.


Picture with the dalek is one of my favorites, mostly because this lady was tooling around in a full size replica of a dalek that she made entirely herself. I wish I had that skill level.

Picture with imperial pilot shows the whole front of the costume pretty well. Also there's a Doctor in the background.

This costume does light up, but since I was walking around during the day and in fluorescent lighting, it was hard to see in the pictures. Only the tiny bit in the belt is light up in the front, the back has most of it. EL wire is my friend.

Oh, and the costume is made almost entirely out of EVA closed cell foam. Exercise mats. If anyone is reading this and wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment