Monday, September 8, 2014

I won!

I won the women's category at Baltimore Comic Con 2014! Not the grand prize, that went to a huge Batbot, which was ridiculous, but still, v. cool to win. There were maybe 40-50 (maybe more? terrible at estimating) entrants in the women's category, and I honestly thought a lot of them were really good and could have placed. Was not expecting first place at all.

The whole weekend was great, the weeping angel was a huge crowd draw, and even before I got the whole thing on, people were crowding around to get pictures.  Below are a few pictures of the Tyrael costume from the con. The whole thing ended up looking really great. I did have a small malfunction and a piece fell off, but I brought my glue gun, so no big deal.

I did stand around in it for almost 4.5 hours and holy crap, that thing is a really physically demanding costume. My shoulders and knees are going to be yelling at me for a few days. I've done armor before, but not with a huge heavy chest piece over the harness with huge wings. Could not sit either, the things I do for a good costume.


No comments:

Post a Comment